The internet caused a revolution the way people communicated. It bought the demise of many traditional communication methods that were established for many years. Internet has emerged as an accepted way of life and has moved towards a mobile centric and internet centric society.
Internet is now a popular space for the “deaf” to meet, talk, learn, share, and understand differences in cultural, social, traditional lives locally, nationally and internationally. The benefits of internet to the deaf is a unique, cost effective, easily accessible medium of communication and a wonderful way to interact with their peers and with their families.
Internet is a unique platform and a gift for the deaf. It helps remove a lot of barriers between the deaf and their peers and parents.
Internet communication can help enhance the daily lives of the deaf.
The isolation of the deaf can be abolished by encouraging the use of internet and helping them to achieve high levels of motivation as internet is a very unique and convenient communication tool that does not require a lot of effort to learn how to use and to make use of it.
The advantages are not technical or practical it is the psychological advantages and motivational levels are higher because internet provides the ability to control and to be independent. Internet communication can help the children, teens and the young deaf to achieve self-esteem, confidence, security and connectedness and personal empowerment and slowly eradicate loneliness, isolations, and lower self-esteem.
For more reading of the above content please visit :
- Experts examine effect of deafness on access to healthcare (amplifon.co.uk)
- Low cost and advanced technology for the Deaf and HOH (signtv.wordpress.com)
- Event to benefit Deaf Professional Arts Network (sfgate.com)
- Success for Plymouth charity for the deaf (amplifon.co.uk)
- Emily Howlett: Everybody’s talking about giving my baby a cochlear implant… Except me. (limpingchicken.com)
- Personal Opinion Poll: An Understanding Between Deaf and Hearing (lensofdiversity.wordpress.com)
- Deaf News: ‘The D7′ meeting at Westminster today (limpingchicken.com)
- Internet and the deaf an unique platform not used to its fullest (signtv.wordpress.com)